Data Privacy Notice
Sunstone HR Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies care about your privacy and are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR (EU) 2016/679 and any other applicable data privacy laws.
This notice explains how Sunstone HR handles the personal information of employees, applicants, interns, former employees, dependents, beneficiaries, contractors, freelancers, consultants, and temporary agency workers in the course of its human resource activities. We may amend this notice from time to time should it become necessary.
Data Collection & Personal Information
We may process your personal information for legitimate business purposes to administer our employment or contractual relationship with you and to run our business. We may collect, use and transfer your personal information through automated and/or paper-based data processing systems. We have established routine processing functions (such as payroll and benefits administration) and also process personal information on an occasional or ad hoc basis (e.g. consideration for promotion or change in marital status)
In the normal course of human resource activities, we can collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal identification, including your name, home address, date of birth, gender, work related photographs, email address, home phone number and mobile phone number
- Government issued identification numbers such as national insurance and national ID for payroll purposes
- Immigration, right to work and residence status
- Family and emergency contact details
- Job related information, including years of service, location, annual leave, sick leave and contractual data
- Educational and training information including your awards, certificates, vocational records and in-house training attendance
- Recruitment and performance related data including objectives, ratings, feedback, career history, work equipment, succession planning, skills and competencies and other work-related qualifications
- Information relating to Sunstone HR Limited assets
- Information needed for compliance and risk management including disciplinary records, background checks and security data
- Payroll and payment information including salary, insurance information, dependants, government identifier, tax information, bank account details and employment related benefits information
How do we process it?
We process personal information for the following purposes
- Workforce planning, recruitment, and staffing
- Workforce administration, payroll, compensation, and benefit programs
- Performance management, learning and development
- Legal compliance including compliance with government authority requests for information and tax compliance
- Workplace management including travel and expenses
- Internal reporting
- Audit purposes
- Protection of the Sunstone HR Limited workforce against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud or abuse
- Other legal and customary business-related purposes
We may disclose your personal information for legitimate purposes in the following circumstances to:
- Other Sunstone HR Limited entities, joint ventures, subcontractors, vendors or suppliers who perform services on our behalf
- A newly formed or acquiring organisation if Sunstone HR Limited is involved in a merger, sale or a transfer of some or all of its business
- Any recipient, if we are required to do so, such as by applicable court order or law
- Any recipient, with your consent, such as for employment verification or bank loans
- Any recipient, when reasonable or necessary such as in the event of a life-threatening emergency
We respect your right to object to any use or disclosure of your personal information that are not:
- Required by law
- Necessary for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation e.g. employment contract
- Required to meet a legitimate need of Sunstone HR Limited as an employer e.g. disclosures for internal auditing and reporting purposes or other processing covered by this notice
If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable solution.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and current. Please note that you have a shared responsibility with regard to the accuracy of your personal information.
Please notify a Director of any changes to your personal information or that of your beneficiaries or dependents.
You may reasonably access and update the personal information pertaining to you that is on file with Sunstone HR Limited – this is called a ‘subject access request’.
You can exercise this right by contacting a Director. Any ‘subject access request’ incurs a £10 administration fee.
Please note that:
- Your right to access your personal information may have some restrictions e.g. access may be denied
- In the case of recurrent access requests within a short time interval
- Where providing such access or correction could compromise the privacy of another person or unreasonably expose sensitive company information
Sunstone HR Limited takes precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information systems on which your personal information is stored, and we require our suppliers and service providers to protect your personal information by contractual means.
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
Handling Privacy Concerns
If you have any questions about this notice or if you believe that your personal information is not handled in accordance with the applicable law or this notice, please contact a Director of the business.